Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Aunt Marie...

Well, we all know that it's gonna happen one day....it never seems like the right day, time, place....

My aunt passed away on Oct 26, 2010...at Sukura House in Woodstock, Ontario where she "felt like a princess"... she had cancer and she was suffering...

Aunt Marie has gone on to join her husband Dave who passed in 2004, her mom - Mildred (1996) and dad - Leonard (1986), her in-laws and all previous family members and friends, they were all there waiting for her with open arms, she too knew that it was her time as she did not want to suffer any more.

In 2009 my husband and I went to Ontario for our vacation (also my neice's wedding) and we spent time with mom, Aunt Marie popped by for a visit.  I am so thankful for that time we spent together.



(L to R) My Mom, Me and Aunt Marie
July 2009

Marie... a daughter, sister, wife, mom, aunt, grandma, great grandma, cousin and friend....She was a very special aunt, my middle name comes from her, I only just found out that her proper name was Iris Marie, so not only did we share a name it was a middle name to us both..to me she was always my Aunt Marie.  

After Uncle Dave passed away, Marie found a loving and caring companion in Jim. They had spent the last 4 years together, they liked to do the same things, spending winters in the warmth of the Florida sun, spending time at Jim's log home in Michigan, walking, grocery shopping, they were also known to stop by second hand stores and once in a while coming home with some new found treasure, not to mention the "office" trips...all just memories now.  Jim helped to fill the empty void Aunt Marie felt after loosing Uncle Dave.  Jim made the last years of my aunt's life happy, I thank him for that.  I sincerly hope that Jim will now be able to fill his void.


(L to R) B, My Mom, Me, Aunt Marie, Jim
July 2009

God's speed Aunt Marie, may you rest in peace....love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment